The occurrence of pain in any area can happen suddenly, for example, injury in the lower back region. Some pain stays for a longer duration, maybe for weeks or even months which causes hindrance to the daily work routine. In such scenarios, one can always opt for pain therapy solutions at home or by consulting professionals, which can be very effective.
Methods to control and reduce pain:-
- Doctors usually recommend the cold and heat method, for relieving pain. One should apply an ice pack for the first 48 hours then they should start applying heat packs. Even after applying the hot and cold pack if the pain remains then they should consult a physical therapist or chiropractor immediately for versions of such treatments.
- Doing excess physical activities can cause pain which decreases mobility, and it happens in certain chronic conditions such as arthritis and fibromyalgia. In such cases, people should opt for aerobic activities which include walking, swimming, or cycling.
- To improve strength and the ability to move properly one should consult physical therapists, as they would suggest exercises that could be helpful. There is also an option to consult with occupational therapists who would help to conduct various daily activities in such a way so that it doesn’t increase the pain.
- Some therapists also suggest mind-body techniques, which include meditation, breathing exercises, and many more, because it helps to restore a sense of control over the body so that severe muscle tension and pain don’t worsen.
- Massaging can also relieve pain by working out tension from the muscles and joints, it is also helpful to alleviate stress and anxiety, and it can help to distract an individual from the pain by giving a “competing” sensation which can help to rescind the pain.
- Biofeedback machine involves the technique which helps to learn relaxation and breathing exercises, it converts the physiological functions to visual cues such as a graph, a blinking light, or even animation. Observing and rectifying those visualizations will give an individual a degree of control over the body’s reaction to pain.
All these methods can be effective to reduce pain but if one seeks pain therapy solutions for acute or severe pain, they should always consult with medical practitioners to understand properly as they would suggest the best treatment needed for the injury or pain and would also address the underlying issues for the occurrence of such pain. They would also help to treat such conditions without unnecessary surgery.