Cancer is a broad word that refers to a wide range of ails that can affect any region of the body. nasty tumours and tumours are other words used. One distinguishing aspect of cancer is the fast conformation of aberrant cells that expand beyond their normal borders and can latterly infect neighbouring sections of the body and resettle to other organs; this process is known as metastasis. The leading cause of cancer mortality is wide metastasis.
Cancer as a worldwide health issue:
Cancer is the world’s largest cause of mortality, accounting for ten million fatalities in 2020. In terms of new cancer cases in 2020, the most prevalent were:
- Breast cancer (2.26 million instances)
- Lung cancer (2.21 million cases)
- Colon and rectum cancer (1.93 million cases)
- Prostate cancer (1.41 million cases)
- Skin cancer (non-melanoma) (1.20 million cases)
- Stomach cancer (1.20 million cases) (1.09 million cases).
In 2020, the following were the leading causes of cancer death:
- The lung (1.80 million fatalities)
- The colon and rectum (916 000 deaths)
- The liver (830 000 deaths)
- The stomach (769 000 deaths)
- The breast (769 000 deaths) (685 000 deaths).
Every year, around 400 000 youngsters are diagnosed with cancer. The most frequent cancers differ by country. Cervical cancer is the most frequent type of cancer in twenty-three nations.
The expense of cancer treatment in Hong Kong:
For cancer treatments hong kong, you can seek treatment from either the public or private systems. To those who qualify, the government-funded public system provides some incredibly inexpensive treatment. Citizens, permanent residents, and those with a valid Hong Kong identity card are eligible for subsidised health care to the tune of:
- Inpatient care costs HKD 100 per day.
- HKD 50 per visit for regular outpatient care
- HKD 96 per attendance for a day procedure and therapy at a Clinical Oncology Clinic or Renal Clinic.
Pfizer is a dominant player in cancer solutions:
Pfizer aspire to change the face of cancer therapy and enhance the lives of cancer patients all around the world. Pfizer strives to bring novel medicines to the forefront by researching therapeutics that maximise efficacy while reducing side effects for patients. Although traditional cancer-fighting methods such as chemotherapy and radiation remain vital therapeutic choices for doctors and patients, scientists are developing novel approaches to attack cancer cells directly and efficiently. With recent clinical success in immunotherapy altering the field of oncology, the promise of longer-lasting, curative, responses to many tumours are on the horizon.
The key to cancer treatment is not only understanding how cancer cells behave on their own, but also learning how they avoid detection by the body’s immune system and oncology drug hong kong. Pfizer’s cancer drug pipeline comprises differentiated therapeutics with diverse modes of action that target both the tumour and the immune system. Looking at treatments for breast cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, gastric cancer, ovarian cancer, renal cell carcinoma, and hematologic cancers such leukaemia’s and lymphomas.